Forest Cover Lost, India Falls 11% Behind 33 % Target

India’s total forest, 22% of India’s total geographical area, cover currently is 713,789 sq km which currently is behind over 11% to India’s target to 33% by this year. This data has been released in India’s State of Forest Report…

The Election Commission of India announced the schedule for assembly polls: Basics Explained

The Election Commission of India announced the schedule for assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Goa. As per the schedule, voting for the assembly elections in these five states will be held between February 10 and March 7. The…

SAVITRIBAI PHULE: A TRAILBLAZING FIGURE IN THE FIELD OF WOMEN’S EDUCATION

January 3 is the birth anniversary of Savitribai Phule– the first woman teacher of the first women’s school in India and a pioneer in modern Marathi poetry.              A trailblazing figure in the field of…

Florona, Double infection of Covid-19 and Influenza: Basics Explained

The first case of “florona” disease, which is assumed to be a double infection of COVID-19 and influenza, has been detected in Israel. Florona, however, is not a new variant, to dispel misgivings, as it is believed to be the…

India’s current account slips into deficit in Q2 of FY22: Basics Explained

India’s current account slipped into a deficit of $9.6 billion, or 1.3 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) in the second quarter of the ongoing fiscal, the Reserve Bank of India said . The current account records the value…

Quantum Laboratory at mhow (MP): Basics Explained

The Army, with support from the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), has recently established the Quantum Lab at Military College of Telecommunication Engineering, Mhow (MP) MCTE to spearhead research and training in this key developing field. Research undertaken by the Indian…